Before I get into the Versatile Blogger Award, I want to clarify another rule for spiders overlooked in Talking with Spiders: The House Rules. This one applies to all of you, regardless of type. If you drop in on me while I am driving, you get what’s coming to you. This is not as funny as you seem to think it is.
1. Thank the person who nominated me.
2. Include a link to his/her blog.
You can learn about Mike and read all his wonderful blog posts at Realms of Perilous Wonder.
3. Nominate fifteen blogs I enjoy and follow.
Fifteen! Really? *sigh* I suspect many of you will have already received this nomination, but here goes…
- Simon Poore
- The Baffled King Composing
- Cora Ramos Blog
- Sonia G Medeiros
- Tami Clayton
- Margaret Miller’s Blog
- Gabriel Rumbaut’s Blog
- Sharkbait Writes
- Neither Here nor There
- Dr. Shay Fabbro
- Elizabeth Fais
- Two Gallants
- Liv Rancourt
- Patricia Caviglia
And 4. Tell you seven things about myself.
I know, how exciting is that? I can sense your electric anticipation now.
1. Started writing my first book in the 6th grade after reading Birth of the Firebringer by Meredith Ann Pierce. It rambled and bounced all over the place. You couldn’t dig out a cohesive plot if you read until your eyes bled, but it was delightfully creative. I still have it in one of my five briefcases full of hand written books and book ideas that sit in the corner of the loft.
2. I hate zucchini. My mom tried to make me eat it when I was little. I threw up on the table. I think that was the last time she tried to make me eat something I didn’t like.
3. Last Halloween we had our second Steampunk themed Halloween party. The decorations are still up. This is not procrastination. This is a cunning plan to make it much easier to set up for the third one.
4. I’ve fought with a sword in heavy armor. Being hit in the head with a sword while wearing a metal helmet is not painful, but does seem to slow one down for a few seconds. The battle ended when I stepped back on the hem of my dress and fell flat on my back. I couldn’t get up because the helmet was too heavy (and I was laughing too hard). Lessons learned:
- Just because the man on the other end of that sword claims to love you, it doesn’t mean he won’t try to beat the crap out of you.
- Don’t wear a dress to a duel.
5. One place in life that I feel at peace is hanging on a rope in a cave above some long drop. Swallowed by darkness and listening to the drip of water or the occasional shift of rock as someone below or above waits. There is a sense of complete detachment from the rest of the world that is both humbling and revitalizing. I have found lesser degrees of this same peace sitting in my kayak on the ocean, riding my horse when we are working in harmony, and practicing iaido.
6. I am a music whore. I know, that doesn’t sound very nice, but it’s true. I love music. I can’t get enough and I love discovering new music regardless of genre or language. I even have soundtracks in my dreams. It’s like a thrilling big-screen movie every night in my head, only typically weirder.
7. I stole my mom’s socks. When I was unpacking from my visit, I found a pair of white socks in my suitcase. Since I forgot to pack socks, it was immediately apparent that these were not mine. Sorry, Mom. Unlike the good tweezers I stole when I first moved out of the house, I do actually intend to give the socks back when next I see you.
Lastly, a quick note to the bird that just ran into the picture window. That was the second stupidest thing you could do around here. The stupidest would be landing in the cat garden. I hope the impact didn’t make you dumber because I hate finding bird parts in my house. Sleep it off and try a different trajectory next time.
Have any fun facts about yourself to share? I would love to hear them in the comments.